Apologies for the long layoff. To get those who are interested up to date:
1) Got a new student, we'll call him Mario because he loves all thing Mario (the Nintendo game character). He went after a kid at his old school with scissors and when blocked by the assistant principal, he went for him. He missed. The IEP meeting that occurred before he transferred here included 16 people (2 parents, 2 lawyers, assistant principal, school psych, speech pathologist, behavior consultant, autism specialist, case manager, general ed teacher, counselor, occupational therapist, district program manager, me)- usually you have 4-6-ish. He had one blow out so far but as I write this he's on a field trip. Let's hope it goes well.
2) Got word that the magician is moving away. Too bad. We were making some progress.
3) All of my 8th graders are going to graduate and be allowed to attend the promotion ceremony.
4) Found out I have 3-5 new 6th graders for next year. One of whom has a mom who tried to drown him when he was 2. He's living with her again. I had his sister last year.
5) Got offered a position as district behavior consultant. Not sure if I want to leave the classroom yet. We'll see.
More updates about the end of the school year and Mario to come.